What happens if I am contributing more to the deposit?

A common question is what happens if someone contributes a greater share towards the deposit, but you still want to own the property in equal shares.

One way to deal with this is to acknowledge in your Co-Ownership Agreement that one party is contributing more towards the Deposit.

Then obtain agreement from all parties that the the difference will be paid to the Co-Owner that is contributing more to the deposit from the proceeds of sale of the Property before the remainder is divided in accordance with the co-owners respective proportions.